A RENEWABLE SOURCE OF HEAT ENERGY
Baronscourt firewood is harvested from our own woods. It is naturally well-seasoned firewood and can be sold in pallets.
The Baronscourt woodlands have qualified for continued membership of the Forestry Stewardship Council certification scheme by demonstrating sustainable and responsible management of their 1150 ha of forest land.
- Baronscourt Firewood has been well seasoned.
- Clean, compact product – easily stored and handled.
- Located from a local, sustainable and fully certified source.
- Wood fuel is a major source of renewable heat energy and, when burnt efficiently, produces virtually no smoke.
- Softwood and Hardwood available.
Dry Timber Guaranteed – The Importance of Dry Timber
- Using spruce as an example, 1 cubic metre of fresh felled timber weighs about 1 tonne, or 1000kg, and contains up to 600kg of moisture.
- Heat energy comes from dry wood only. Energy is therefore lost as it is used to convert moisture into steam.
- Baronscourt firewood is well seasoned, therefore moisture content is low.
- Baronscourt firewood is an environmentally friendly and sustainable alternative to fossil fuels.
- IT IS A USER FRIENDLY PRODUCT.
- Baronscourt firewood is available on pallets,and in nets to make storage and accessing firewood easy.
Prices for 2013
Large pallet £90 (1.3m wide x 1.6m high) (approx. 0.77 tonnes when freshly cut) – SOLD OUT
Small pallet £65 (1.2m wide x 1.0m high) (approx. 0.5 tonnes when freshly cut).
Bundle £20 (contains approx. 10 lengths x 2.5-3m long; each length is between 2-8″ in diamenter. approx. 0.2 m2 when freshly cut)
Large pallet £70 (1.3m wide x 1.6m high) (approx. 0.69 tonnes when freshly cut)
Small pallet £50 (1.2m wide x 1.0m high) (approx. 0.5 tonnes when freshly cut)
Bundle £15 (contains approx. 10 lengths x 2.5-3m long each length ranging between 2-8″ in diamenter approx. 0.2 tonnes when freshly cut)
Please telephone Baronscourt Estate Office on (028) 8166 1683 to arrange a delivery, or loading firewood onto trailers for collections.
Opening Hours Monday-Friday 9am-4.30pm